How to bet on e-Sports (Virtual Sports)
For a complete list of eSports, betting rules, click here.
XBet makes wagering simple.
- Create a XBet Account.
- You will need a positive account balance to place a bet. You can make a deposit using our available methods.
- Choose a Deposit Option. and Select a Bonus.
- Deposit Funds into your XBet Account.
- Learn About Betting Odds and Place Sports Bets. We have a complete help section on ‘How to bet guides‘ available for you.
Now learn about the types of bets for e-Sports (Virtual Sports).
Moneyline Match Bets
The most basic type of betting on eSports is wagering on a match winner, commonly known as moneyline or straight-up betting. Moneyline bets in eSports involve wagering on the team you think will win the match. The outcome of these single-match bets are usually represented with odds in the form of win, lose or draw options.
Outright Group/Tournament Bets
Outright bets refer to those wagers you place on the team or player you think will win the entire tournament, depending on the eSports game you are betting on. Predicting the overall winner of an entire tournament—for example, in a >Starcraft 2 tournament — can be difficult, considering there are several players involved and the road to victory can be complicated. That said, these complications are usually well-accounted for in eSports lines; with the eSports odds for these outright bets often being high. Wagering on these eSports lines can be lucrative if you can predict the winners correctly.
The handicap eSports betting market is one of the most loved options in the industry, especially in matches or tournaments that offer little value in the moneylines and other related markets. Usually, the handicapping value is determined by aspects such as the nature of the match-up between the contestants and the skill level of the opponents. Again, like in most sports betting markets, the eSports odds for handicapping are usually represented in such a way that the better team/player has a minus handicap against their name, while the lesser player/team has a plus handicap. When you place a wager on this online sportsbooks market, you are betting on whether the team with the handicap advantage (which is mostly the favorite) or disadvantage wins the bet.
OVER/UNDER Total Bets
OVER/UNDER bets are those wagers placed on given statistics of a match or tournament (i.e. combined scores of two opponents, total number of kills, total number of rounds, or even total number of points accumulated in a match/tournament). When you bet on the number going higher, it’s an OVER wager, while betting on a lower value than the number at your bookmaker means it’s an UNDER wager.
As is suggested by the name, an accumulator bet is a wager that is simply made up of an accumulation of more than one bet. In eSports, a bet of two is called a “double” and a bet of the three is called a “triple”. When you have an accumulation of more than three bets, we usually include the word fold is with the number—i.e. fourfold, fivefold, sixfold and so on. Like most multiple bets (also known as combination and parlay bets), accumulators come with extra risks. But then again, that’s the beauty of accumulator eSports bets because they also come with high betting odds, and when you win the bets you’ll be greatly rewarded with solid returns.
Also known as prop bets, novelty bets or exotic bets, are special eSports bets can mean almost anything that isn’t tied down to kinds of bets we’ve detailed above. A bit of some knowledge on a match or tournament is important when placing special bets, but mostly, these wagers often rely on luck rather than your knowledge. Below are some examples of special bets you can place on eSports.
- First Blood: Bets placed on a player/team that scores the first kill of the match (like in League of Legends).
- Map Winner: Bets placed on a player/team that wins the specified map (like in League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive or DOTA 2)
Ultimately, your choice of what kind of bet to place on eSports bookies entirely depends on you and your preferences. But as general eSports betting tip, always go for the type (s) of a bet you are most familiar and comfortable with.
Wagering on eSports (electronic sports) or virtual sports is like betting on any other sport.
- Match betting: Works in the same way as cash betting, with the only difference here being that you bet against another player/opponent rather than against the bookie.
- Jackpot Betting: In this form of skin betting, players risks on items equal to several tickets in the raffle. The more you risk in jackpot betting the higher your chances are of winning.
- Roulette Betting: This form of betting works nearly the same way as jackpot betting, as you get to risk on a number of items for cumulative value. The difference here, though, is because items are pooled (let’s say in a bunch of 20, 50 or 100), and the value of your skins in the pool is determines your space in the online eSports roulette wheel, which then allows you to take spins on the wheel as you try on your luck of winning.